All posts filed under: Insurance

Homildon Cottage holiday home near Wooler

Insuring Your Holiday Home/rental

Why you need a specialist insurance provider for your holiday property? What would you do if your holiday home was flooded, targeted by thieves, damaged by fire or storm, or vandalised? Without suitable insurance in place, you could be left to stand the bill for repairs and valuable replacements and lose rental income. Specialist holiday home insurance needs to provide comprehensive insurance cover for your UK holiday property, cottage or apartment. Tailor-made policies that suit you and discounts to keep your premium low are also important. When insuring a holiday home it’s essential to choose a policy that offers more than standard household cover. If you hire out your property you’ll need specific cover for this, as well as to protect you against damage caused by guests or pets. You may also want cover for loss of rental income. There will be times when the holiday home is left unoccupied – it could be a long time a leaking pipe or a theft is discovered and so it’s important you understand your insurance cover. Leisuredays …


Commercial Holiday Letting Insurance

Getting the right sort of insurance cover for your valuable investment not only makes good financial sense, it is a legal requirement when holiday letting your property. A good insurance broker will walk you through all the necessary ins and outs of getting the right cover . Here’s what David Morris the principle at holiday rental specialist J.L. Morris Insurance Brokers advises you should be looking for when selecting self catering insurance. Firstly, it is essential that the insurance you obtain provides cover for a commercially let property. Sounds obvious, but in our 25 years experience we have come across so many inappropriate styles of insurance, it is unbelievable!   Many of our clients have come to us as most insurers do not understand self catering and therefore do not know of the special cover you require. You are running a business, so you need a business insurance policy which will include Loss of income Full cover whilst the property is unoccupied Damage caused by holidaymakers   Theft by holidaymakers Public liability Employers’ liability Specialist policies …